National Policy Action Team
Team Leaders and Contact Information:
- Kristy Anderson | American Heart Association | Kristy.Anderson@heart.org |202-785-7927
- Dave Tyahla | National Recreation and Park Association | email@example.com |202-460-0880
- Tyler Wilson | The Corps Network | firstname.lastname@example.org | 202-737-6272
The National Policy Action Team works to advance OAK’s federal policy goals:
- Develops and implements action plans to achieve OAK’s national policy goals
- Presents to the Steering Committee recommendations for OAK to engage on federal policies and initiatives, including legislation, and thus helps to shape OAK’s federal policy platform
- Deepens partnership efforts with the Federal Agencies and Administration efforts (like America’s Great Outdoors and Let’s Move) and the Congressional Caucuses related to kids and nature
- Organizes meetings on Capitol Hill and with the Administration to advance OAK’s priorities
- Organizes Congressional Briefings to advance OAK’s federal priorities
- Engages full membership where appropriate
NOTE: The National Policy Action Team accepts policy and strategy recommendations from OAK members on OAK’s national policy positions. If you would like OAK to consider taking a position on a specific policy matter, please use this form to issue a request.
The National Policy Action Team meets monthly. Calls are typically scheduled for the first Wednesday of each month at 3:00PM ET.