OAK Week in Washington, D.C.
Tuesday, October 24 – Thursday, October 26, 2017
OAK Week is the Outdoors Alliance for Kids’ annual gathering held in Washington, D.C. We are so excited to see all our members and partners for this once-a-year opportunity to get together and share stories, ideas, and strategies with decision-makers and each other. Included below is important information for the week. RSVP is required in advance to participate in OAK Week events.
Pre-work assignment for all OAK members: To better understand the impact of our alliance, we kindly ask all OAK members and partners to complete a quick survey to share information about your organization (or agency’s) work as it aligns with our shared goals. The results of this survey will be used during our annual meeting and to inform our longer-term strategy and impact. Thank you for your participation!
Social media: Follow-along on twitter and help share photos and highlights throughout the week using the hashtag #OAKWeek!
OAK WEEK – Important Information
OAK Week Schedule of Events OAK Week Schedule of Events
- [10/24] Every Kid in a Park Canoemobile Event
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Thompson Boat Center, 2900 Virginia Ave NW, DC 20037
- More Information
- [10/24] OAK Week Welcome Reception & Member Awards
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM | YMCA of the USA rooftop, 1129 20th St., NW, DC 20036
- [10/25] OAK Annual Member Meeting
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM | YMCA Anthony Bowen, 1325 W Street NW, DC 20009
- Annual Member Meeting Agenda
- [10/25] Informal Happy Hour & Networking Opportunity
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM | Provision No. 14, 2100 14th St NW, DC 20009
- [10/26] Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Congressional Offices on Capitol Hill
- 4:15 PM: Meet on Capitol Steps for a group photo
- Advocacy Materials & Information
- [10/26] OAK Congressional Awards Reception
- 4:45 PM – 7:00 PM | US Capitol Building, House Visitor Center Room 201 (HVC 201)
- Arrive by 4:45 pm. Senator Heinrich to deliver remarks at 5:00 pm.
- Details & RSVP
Additional questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.