Want an overview of ECHO? Watch OAK’s ECHO Across America Launch Webinar.
- Does your state have an Environmental Literacy Plan? Find out.
- Working on drafting a State Environmental Literacy ? Check out NAAEE’s Developing a State Environmental Literacy Plan Guide
- Want to use a developed state environmental literacy plan? Read Rhode Island’s for an example
- Check out Maryland’s Environmental Literacy Standards
- NAAEE’s State Environmental Literacy Plan 2013 Status Report.
Community Health and Wellness
- Do people in your city have access to public parks? Visit the Trust for Public Land’s ParkScore Index to find out.
- Does your city and state’s park and trails adequate for improving the health of children and families in your community? Conduct a Parks and Trails Health Impact Assessment using the CDC’s toolkit.
- Trying to determine your state/city’s transportation health impact? Utilize the CDC’s Transportation Health Impact Assessment Toolkit and resources for improving active transportation.
- Does your community need a Safe Routes to School Policy? Check out the Safe Routes to School Local Policy Guide
- Does your community have an outdoor equipment library? Check out Bay Area Wilderness Training. The Outdoors Empowered Network can help you get one started in your community.
- Curious about the impact a Conservation Service Corps can have on individuals and your community? Read the Public Land Service Coalition’s 2012 Evaluation Report.
- Does your Community or State have a 21st Century Conservation Service Corps (21CSC) program? Click here for a listing of 21CSC programs.
- Missing a Conservation Corps? The Corps Network can help you get a Conservation Corps started in your community today! Contact Joe Gersen for more information.
- Maryland’s Executive Order “Maryland Partnership for Children in Nature”
- Kansas’s Executive Order “Kansas Coalition for Children in Nature”
- Current State’s Children Outdoor Bill of Rights. Find out if your State has passed one!
More resources coming soon…